Hidden figures – Barabbas
- Who is Barabbas?
- He was a notorious rebel
- Guilty of murder
- Robber (John 14:10)
- Violent insurrectionist
- We are Barabbas
- We’re thieves (Exodus 20:15)
- We’re murderers (1 John 3:15)
- We’re rebels (Hosea 7:13)
- We’re a faulty image – we’re made in the image of God but we don’t always demonstrate that (Genesis 1:27)
- How do you use your freedom?
- We are released from the penalty and power of sin. We stand right with God through Jesus.
- How do we use that freedom?
- Christian liberty – Galatians 5:1
- Living sacrifices – Romans 12:1-2
- Glorify God in body and spirit – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Let’s start to live victorious for Jesus.
- If you don’t know this freedom, there is hope! Jesus has taken your place!
- John 4:10
- Jesus not only takes our place but gives us a new place.
Will you choose the switch with Jesus?