God is “unchangeable”
Everything in the world changes but God is immutable – unchanging over time and unable to be changed.
- Psalm 18:31
- Matthew 7:24-27
- Malachi 3:6
- James 1:17
Comfort of God’s changelessness
- There is great comfort in the truth that God does not change.
- If you’re a believer then you are personally connected to a God who doesn’t change, whatever changes happen in our life we’re to build our lives on that truth
Confidence of God being unchanging
- We can rely on the unchanging promises of God in the bible, his unchanging love and his unchanging passion for justice.
- You cannot commit a future sin that will change God’s verdict of how he sees you. The cross is the unchanging truth that God has dealt with every sin, past, present and future.
- When God pronounces you righteous, you will always be righteous, Romans 8.
Lies we tell ourselves
- I can’t change
- Only 1 person does not change – God!
- The Gospel changes hearts.
- Sanctification is the ongoing truth that we can change with the help of the Holy Spirit.
- Other humans are ‘always’ and ‘never’
- When we apply the terms ‘always’ and ‘never’ to other people we speak a lie.
- Human beings aren’t that consistent, we do frequently and often, but not always or never.
- 1 Corinthians 13 doesn’t describe human love, only God’s love never fails.
Our God is the never-changing rock
God sustain me in an ever-changing world
God change what never believed possible