Unrivalled – God is creator
The extent of our creativity is limited because we are human and no one truly created anything except God. We rearrange what has been created, but God creates by the power of his word.
God is set apart – self-existent:
- God did not create to meet a need
- God’s creation is distinct from God
- God made everything and owns everything
Difference between stewardship and ownership:
- In Genesis 1 and 2 God creates the world and humans are placed there to steward it, but in Genesis 3 man strives for ownership.
- God has given us creation and gifts to steward, but often we have a ‘creator complex’ and believe we own what God has given us. Example of this is Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4.
- Whatever sphere of influence we’re in, we often convince ourselves that we deserve credit for creating when we’re called to steward. 1 Corinthians 4:7.
- Value is not in what we create, but it’s in who God has made us, Psalm 139.
- The greatest act of creation is salvation
- Where righteousness did not exist.
- Word of life brings a new heart and new creation.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Impossible? God can create a way
- Creator God specialises in bringing something out of nothing.
- We can rely on God when our hope for a situation has dwindled to nothing.
- Where we cannot – God can!
- God may not create what we think is the way to restoration, but he will create within us the hope and strength to keep going.
- God is creator – we are stewards
- Our job is to point towards our creator.
- Our lives and creativity are an echo of God our creator.
- This takes the pressure off!